DIY Kid's Floor Cushion.5:51 PM
When researching inexpensive pouf options for Nadia's nursery (can't remember if it was before or after I gave up the dream of a Moroccan Pouf), I came across this one on Living with Punks. At the time I didn't have a sewing machine and hadn't sewn in nearly 10 years...and something told me it would be a tad more complex than my specialty back then--hair scrunchies. I didn't end up having time to make it but I saved it with the hopes of making it one day. Well then Pinterest came along (or I should say I finally came to my senses and created a Pinterest account) and I pinned it. And then, as so often is the case, forgot about it.
Enter Colleen Hamilton. [As a side note I mentioned Colleen in the post about our adventures in homemade baby food. And Meg mentioned her here. And I mentioned her again here]. Anyway, from what I can gather, Colleen is one of those people who actually attempts what she pins. Imagine that! So she FB'd me to share her result. And I'm so glad she did! I was suddenly re-inspired to try one myself! I'm slowly but surely working on Genevieve's big girl room and thought this would be a nice addition to it. This project wasn't easy for a beginner seamstress. And it certainly wasn't fast. But I have to say I am super proud of myself for the final result (regardless of how novice-y it is upon close inspection!). PS- I know adding a dash and a Y after a word doesn't make it a real word, but I can't help myself.
|I love that this project only requires 1 yard of fabric!|
|batting and piping are required also but still not a bad total price (see end for breakdown).|
|because I'm all about keepin it real- the toughest part for me- the blind stitch!|
Some things I wish I'd known/Did:
Cost for this project:
Fabric: $6 (on sale from here)
Polyfill: $4.50 for 2 bags
and I have leftovers of everything which I always feel makes a project even cheaper...